In the summer of 1961, artist Roy Lichtenstein completes "Look Mickey," among his earliest contributions to the "Pop Art" movement. Lichtenstein often took inspiration from comic books, but in this case the image came from a Little Golden Book called "Donald Duck -- Lost and Found."
* National Gallery of Art pamphlet for youngsters (includes origins of "Look Mickey"): @
* "Deconstructing Roy Lichtenstein" (websites comparing source materials to resulting works): @ and @
* More about the artist (from theartstory.org): @
* Roy Lichtenstein Foundation: @
* www.image-duplicator.com (search engine for Lichtenstein's works): @