A dedication ceremony is held for the Los Angeles Jet Age Terminal Construction Project, an expansion of the airport. Among the new structures, the most notable was the futuristic-looking Theme Building (left), which housed a restaurant and observation deck. (People often mistook it for the control tower.) It remains a classic example of "Googie" architecture.
* More about Walt Disney Imagineers' work in 1990s on Theme Building: @
* 2010 New York Times article on Theme Building restoration: @
* "Los Angeles International Airport" (book): @
* Encounter Restaurant website: @
* Flight Path Learning Center and Museum: @
* Googie Architecture Online: @