Claude Shannon and Edward O. Thorp, both of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, devise the first wearable computer. Its purpose: to predict where a ball will end up on a roulette wheel.
* "The Invention of the First Wearable Computer" (paper by Thorp): @
* Thorp's website: @
* "The Professor Who Breaks the Bank" (Life magazine article about Thorp, March 1964): @
* "Father of the Information Age" (video on Shannon): @
* "A brief history of wearable computing": @
* International Symposium on Wearable Computers: @