Electric streetcar service comes to an end in Los Angeles, as buses take over the last of the trolley lines, connecting L.A. and Long Beach. The lines had dated back to the late 1800s.
* "The Red Cars of Los Angeles" (from the University of Southern California): @
* Los Angeles Mirror, April 8: @
* Entry from the Orange Empire Railway Museum: @
* Pacific Electric Railway Historical Society: @
* Electric Railway Historical Association of Southern California: @
* "What Did We Give Up With the Big Red Cars?" (by George Hilton, UCLA professor): @
* Ride the Last of the Big Red Cars" (footage): @