Robert Strange McNamara assumes the presidency of Ford Motor Company, the first president not a member of the Ford family. He would hold the job less than two months; on January 3, 1961, he became Secretary of Defense for the incoming Kennedy administration.
* Summary from History.com: @
* Article from Motor Trend: @
* Article from American Heritage: @
* "Robert McNamara: The Father of the Ford Falcon" (New York Times): @
* "Ford's Fastest Whiz Kid" (November 21, 1960 article from Time magazine): @