Tens of thousands of people march in anti-war rallies in New York and San Francisco. The rallies themselves were evidence of Americans' ever-increasing disenchantment with the Vietnam War, while an instance of flag burning in New York's Central Park (pictured above) was a pivotal event in leading to a 1968 flag desecration law.
-- Photo by New York Daily News
* Summary (www.vietnamwar.net): @
* Summary ("The Encyclopedia of the Vietnam War," edited by Spencer C. Tucker, 2011): @
* Pamphlet (NYU Archives Collection): @
* "State flag-protection laws" (First Amendment Center): @
* "Flag Protection: A Brief History of Recent Supreme Court Decisions and Proposed Constitutional Amendment" (Congressional Research Service, 2001): @
* "Inside the Supreme Court's flag burning decision" (National Constitution Center): @