The Air Force announced today the University of Colorado has been chosen to undertake independent investigations of reports on unidentified flying objects. Air Force Secretary Harold Brown said the university is being awarded a research agreement of about $300,000 "to analyze phenomena associated with UFO sightings."
The university, located at Boulder, Colo., will also make recommendations on the Air Force's methods of investigation and evaluating flying saucer reports, a program now known as Project Blue Book, dating back to 1948.
* "University of Colorado Will Investigate UFOs" (Associated Press): @
* Image from www.ufoevidence.org (Michigan sightings, 1966): @
* "Facts About Unidentified Flying Objects" (Science Policy Research Division, Library of Congress, May 5, 1966): @
* "The CIA's role in the Study of UFOs, 1947-1990" (CIA): @
* "Congressional Hearings on UFOs" (www.ufoevidence.org): @
* "Ford Press Releases -- UFO, 1966" (Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library & Museum): @
* Journal of UFO History (November-December 2004): @
* Project Blue Book Archive: @