* Story from www.americancatholic.org (2007): @
October 1962: 'Do You Hear What I Hear?'
Written by Noel Regney and Gloria Shayne at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, the song's plea for peace would make it a Christmas standard. It was first recorded by the Harry Simeone Chorale in late 1962, and would become a hit for Bing Crosby in 1963.
- ► 2015 (54)
- ► 2014 (106)
- ► 2013 (149)
- October 1962: 'Do You Hear What I Hear?'
- October 1962: Cuban Missile Crisis
- Wednesday, October 24, 1964: 'Live at the Apollo'
- Thursday, October 18, 1962: DNA
- October 1962: Mr. ZIP
- October 1962: American Folk Blues Festival
- October 1962: 'Fail-Safe'
- Friday, October 5, 1962: 'Dr. No'
- Friday, October 5, 1962: 'Love Me Do'
- Wednesday, October 3, 1962: Mars meteorite
- September-October 1962: James Meredith at Ole Miss...
- Monday, October 1, 1962: Johnny Carson
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2011 (190)
1962 1963 1964 1965 advertising africa agriculture antarctica april archaeology architecture art august beatles behavior books business cars china civil rights cold war communication computers crime cuba december dylan economics education eisenhower england entertainment europe fashion february food france germany government health humor january japan JFK july june law LBJ lifestyle magazines march may medicine middle east military MLK movies music nature nixon november nuclear october people photography politics protest radio religion science september sex south america soviet union space sports technology television theater toys transportation undated vietnam warfare words world