The April 1962 issue of British Vogue magazine features photos of English model Jean Shrimpton, taken by David Bailey. The photo spread, called "Young Idea Goes West," was shot in New York in January; it was heralded as changing the course of fashion photography as well as typifying a more youthful popular culture.
* Entry from onthisdayinfashion.com: @
* From www.radiotimes.com: @
* "Two Take Manhattan" (2007 article from The Guardian newspaper): @
* "Style file -- Jean Shrimpton" (from www.vogue.co.uk): @
* "Icon: David Bailey" (from www.gq-magazine.co.uk): @
* Excerpt from "Body Dressing" (2001 book by Joanne Entwistle and Elizabeth Wilson): @