A letter from Australian obstetrician William McBride to the British medical journal The Lancet raises serious concerns about the safety of thalidomide, an anti-nausea sedative prescribed for pregnant women.
* Entry from the book "Medicine, Health and Bioethics: Essential Primary Sources": @
* "Thalidomide Neuropathy" (British Medical Journal, September 30, 1961): @
* "Thalidomide: Tragic Past and Promising Future" (Mayo Clinic Proceedings, July 2004): @
* "Dark Remedy: The Impact of Thalidomide and Its Revival as a Vital Medicine" (book by Trent D. Stephens and Rock Brynner): @
* Earlier post on thalidomide (September 12, 1960): @