While driving home to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, after a vacation in Canada, Betty and Barney Hill claim they were taken aboard an alien spacecraft. Their account was not made public until the 1966 book "The Interrupted Journey: Two Lost Hours Aboard a Flying Saucer" by John G. Fuller; excerpts appeared in Look magazine.
* Overview (from www.ufocasebook.com): @
* Website of Kathleen Marden, the Hills' niece: @
* "Captured! The True Story of the World's First Documented Alien Abduction" (book by Stanton T. Friedman and Kathleen Marden): @
* "New Hampshire commemorates Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience" (from www.openminds.tv): @
* "They Know Us Better Than We Know Ourselves: The History and Politics of Alien Abduction" (book by Bridget Brown): @
*"Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us" (book by Jim Marrs): @
Betty and Barney underwent hypnosis in 1964 in an effort to re-create their experience. During the sessions, Betty drew a "star map" that she said the aliens had shown her. The map is similar to a star system 39 light years from Earth.
* "The Zeta Reticuli Incident," article in Astronomy magazine, December 1974 (from National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena website): @
* Article positing that the map is actually of our own solar system: @