A rural Baptist preacher, Howard Finster begins creating sculptures and structures for what he called the Plant Farm Museum (later to be known as Paradise Gardens) on his property in Pennville, Ga. Over his lifetime he would create thousands of religious-themed works and be acclaimed as a true visionary.
* Official website: @
* finstersparadisegardens.org: @
* "This Southern Life" video: @
* Finster entry from New Georgia Encyclopedia: @
* Finster entry from Encyclopedia of Alabama: @
* Entry from American Studies at the University of Virginia: @